Things that I'm Grateful for 2018

I've seen a lot friends on Instagram about their highlights of each month of 2018, instead of doing that I decided to write a blog post about it as start. But even though they don't post such, I still planned a long time ago to myself, to post this blog to be able to remember how great this year was for me.

I couldn't really thank 2018 enough by putting a bunch of Instagram stories with pictures on it or just post one picture about 2018 and write a long caption about it. I dedicate this blog post about how the year went like a thrilling ride. (Roller coaster may be a little bit overused nowadays, plus I don't ride roller coasters Haha just kidding!)

As 2018 slowly slips away, it felt like people around me are on a rush to close this year/chapter of their life probably it was kind of a rough road for them but for me it was one of the best and significant year.

I achieved a lot things things that my old self didn't expected that I would become. Sure, it has ups and downs, life would not be what it is if there's no balance, if there's no grey.

I just want to share something about career in sports and how 2018 changed me. By the end of the year, I gave one last chance to my childhood dream (being a figure skater) I tried it for one last time before I have decided to leave and hang it up totally this time. I may not use it for the past 2 years but the urge has always been there, I concentrated on speed skating that I forgot how figure skating felt like.

 It was the reason I got into ice sports, I've been doing it since the year 2010, then college came and speed skating bloomed. I've never imagined my life without it, I imagined my whole life to be with it. But I then realized, it's time to let go and make way for the opportunity that is knocking at the door. A chance to give myself to be better at something I like doing. Speed skating may not be my first love, but you were the love that made my first a second. Its time to unfollow my old dreams to follow the new ones.

(Note: Read it until the end for some ending captions (just kidding))

Here are the memorable things that happened in 2018
JANUARY 2018

In 2018, I met a friend in the plane going back to Manila.



In 2018, I had the pleasure to interview my best friend's Dad who's a Visual Effects Director for our school project about the present condition of Philippine Cinema.
In 2018, I met up with my FEU Friends to hang around and play some games at Table Taft.
It was fun and memorable, a cure to my exhaustion with one failed interview.
In 2018, I'm grateful that the medical check up I've been doing for the whole month at least twice a week had good results. It was also my own self approval if I will compete or not depending on the results. It was a really tough time, considering my Mom is not here with me but I got through the process. 
FEBRUARY 2018

In 2018, I interviewed Direk Jason Paul Laxamana for our film subject.

In 2018, I signed up and joined my1st ever fun run with the support of my Dad, who also drops me off to training right after every fun run that I've joined the whole 2018.
In 2018, its official I'm competing for the first time in Speed Skating for the Philippines in Singapore, together with my teammates.

MARCH 2018

In 2018, I met new friends in my P.E. Class and we got a medal!!!

In 2018, I spent my Birthday while I'm on a competition.

In 2018, I joined my First ever short track speed skating competition at Singapore and won Bronze medals.
APRIL 2018


In 2018, me and my teammate got featured on CNN Philippines about the Southeast Asian Short Track Speed Skating Trophy 2018.
In 2018, My teammates and I were able to go to the National Athlete's Day and I even met Hidilyn Diaz in person, even though we go to the same school.

In 2018, we got interviewed on TV5.
In 2018, I conquered my 1st ever 10k run.
In 2018, I took a break from all the toxicity I've been dealing with and got a chance to be with my family for at least a short period of time.
In 2018, my brother and I went to Universal Studios again since the last time we went here was year 2013.
In 2018, My Mom and Brother gave me a special gift for my birthday(belated) and for winning at the competition.
MAY 2018
In 2018, I met Tito Mar and Fr. Jun at Ontario Airport going to Xiamen.

JUNE 2018
In 2018, I got another opportunity with a network.

AUGUST 2018
In 2018, the team were greatly pleasured by the arrival of Mr. Choi.
In 2018, I conqured DGFILM1 and I was also a Dean's lister.
In 2018, Queenie and I took a break after the third term and spend some time at the mall by watching Crazy Rich Asians and appreciated some art.
In 2018, there were a lot of media exposure for Philippine Short Track as an emerging sport in the country and as a team we were really grateful for it.
In 2018, I got a good news again from my 2 hr. meeting.

SEPTEMBER 2018

In 2018, I managed to survive eating just these for lunch for 3 days at the skating camp together with my teammates. (man, I was starving like crazy)

In 2018, I was able to compete with someone whom I look up to in Short Track


In 2018, I won 2nd in 500m, 3rd 1000m, 2nd relay, and "supposed to be" 2nd in 1500m (But I got 4th?) that leads me on to winning 3rd overall medalist.
In 2018, next to my family who supports me 100% is my Best Friend who's the only one who came to my competition (and my Dad of course) and made her way to watch me. I Love You so much and I'm grateful to have you!
OCTOBER 2018
In 2018, I got exhausted. JOKE.
In 2018, I got tired. JOKE LANG TALAGA.

In 2018, I was able to survive sleeping everywhere. (and survive this shoot HAHAhuhu)

NOVEMBER 2018
In 2018, after some weeks since the Nationals competition slowly fades away, I got a jacket from my Mom for making my way to the Nationals.
In 2018, I'm grateful to compete at the Asian Open Short Track Speed Skating Competition at Jakarta, Indonesia and represent the country together with my teammates.

In 2018, I enjoyed attending this class together with my friends.
In 2018, a lot of facetime calls with my other BFF

DECEMBER 2018
In 2018, I ended up celebrating this year with my family who supported me all throughout my adventure this 2018, including my Dad who genuinely guides me when My Mom and Brother are not around. Thank you so much and I Thank God for giving me this Family.

It may not be the most perfect year, but its definitely one of the best. It continues to give me hope when I keep on experiencing like there's nothing, without my family and friends who believed and supported me this year, I would have easily given up. There were a lot of pain and sacrifices, but the good is always there to give the heart an aid. 

People often overlook what I achieve but all they see is how presentable something can be, they didn't know the hardships, effort,blood and tears for me to achieve everything that I did for the past few months or even years. Who would've even thought what was going through my mind every time I achieve something, I've always felt like I don't deserve things just because I didn't worked hard enough or I was too mediocre or that everybody else can do it but just as my own thoughts compete with me there were people who encouraged me and believed in me and it really made an impact for me to fight those thoughts every time, thanks to the people who always got my back. (even though I didn't mentioned some names, you'll know who you are)

I couldn't really thank 2018 enough by putting a bunch of Instagram stories with pictures on it or just post one picture about 2018 and write a long caption about it. I dedicate this blog post about how the year went like a thrilling ride. (Roller coaster may be a little bit overused nowadays, plus I don't ride roller coasters Haha just kidding!) 

Lastly, Consistency is the key.

Thank you so much 2018, you've been great to me.
Can't wait for what 2019 has to bring!

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I am proud of you. I agree with you, better stay away from all kinds of negative effects. People who have a negative impact will make us negative too.

    Would you like to follow each other? If the answer is yes, please follow me on my blog & I'll follow you back.

    http://www.okcheori.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello My Lovely Readers and Co-Bloggers ! Thank you so much for all your Wonderful Comments ! I'll try as much as possible to reply to them all :)

Popular Posts