The Van Gogh Alive Experience

I remembered watching a video of the Van Gogh Alive Experience before that I thought maybe soon enough they might also bring it in Manila, and so they did. The hype was so real until they released a date on when you can buy tickets for the said exhibit.
Ja got us our tickets in advanced and really lined up for it and I am also thankful though both of us were disappointed because we were quite expecting more than they showed us... because the ticket prices were actually really expensive if you don't have a student discount or a PWD/ Senior even. But eating at different places compensated our downer that night.

But here is a short blog post of what went down that night and how we turned to a fun night through simple things that we did.

Here's is just a random selfie that I took before I left the house, because I am loving my earrings that I got from Kultura recently (Support Filipino products) and My friend, Ja also told me that we should wear white so that the painting will be clearly seen in our clothes on photos as well.
With our munchkins bucket left in the car, we strolled around Fort to look for some food to munch on before we find where the exhibit is located, but most of it are over priced shawarma, hotdogs and different kinds of bourgeoisie sandwiches. Instead, we went to Din Tai Fung, it was actually my first time to eat there because usually I go to Tim Ho Wan because of their stir fried noodles that I really love.
One thing is for sure, Din Tai Fung didn't disappoint. Though, if you already went to Binondo for some "Food Trip" you'll find it quite expensive in here because of the portions that they give with different prices on each. But nonetheless, it was good and way more worth it than buying over priced sandwiches at their mini bazaar outside this restaurant.



Here are some of the moving paintings of Van Gogh that I took.



Here are our shadow photos, I wouldn't be surprised if most people took photos like what we did or vice versa - meaning being one with the painting instead of being a shadow.
Here's my photos that Ja took, her photos are on her phone so I wasn't able to include it on this post


It looks like this when the projector is already turned off- most of it are just probably white tarpaulins or white paint.
After being disappointed that all there was in the exhibit for the price that they offered was not worth it and with time pressure even, we thought of walking towards the place we're excited to try - Shake Shack.
As for our "pampalubag loob" we went in line to order some good ass burgers and fries from Shake Shack since the hype from when it opened kinda died down a little bit by now and at least the lines was contained inside unlike the time of their opening.
I don't really know where it originated if it's in the U.S., Canada or Japan because I haven't really tried it, all I've tried and for me is the best whenever I go to LA is In n Out, not really sure where is Shake Shack located from our place in there, over all it was really juicy though really expensive as well but if you convert it, its on par with In n Out's price when you convert it from PH Pesos to U.S. Dollars.
Right after we finished eating and now our tummies are full we went for a walk and went to Fully Booked BGC, even though I've been to BGC for quite a few times already, I haven't really tried going in, but I sure hope its a one hella big ass bookstore to indulge book lovers in. I guess there's so much room for first times that night.
Then we craved for some sweets from Krispy Kreme despite of having so much munchkins that we have yet to finish, we also asked for KK kids hat (because once again, I haven't tried it when I was a kid, because my Mom literally just buy donuts and not ask for hats... I actually want one when I was a kid though)
It was such a long fun night, we went over to McDonalds too for a restroom break before heading to our really far parking (the one near Frankies) and here are the photos I took.
Thank you also to Ja for giving me this Book entitled as "Break It To Me Gently" by Richard Bolisay
The really cool thing about it is it's signed by the author himself!!
Lastly, here's our photo that has been developed outside the exhibit and served as a remembrance as well, it looked like Ja is the flower too!

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts