#WIMTern Task 1

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standingImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and outdoor

If someone's POV may have to introduce me, it would probably be like this

A student who has 2 terms to go before she tweets (Road to PICC!!) and is struggling to think of a topic for her short film as her thesis.

#WIMTern Task 1 : We want to get to know you!

Hi! I am Corinne Molly D. Martinez, My friends call me Molly. I am 20 yrs.old and currently a 3rd yr. student at De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde, taking up Digital Filmmaking.

Filmmaking, Production Management, Skating, Blogging and creating a story through moving pictures are my kind of thing and I use it as a tool to save myself with my thoughts.

Growing up, I’ve always been interested with arts. I started drawing and painting and I would remember that I compile all of it on a plastic container.

I even recall my 6th grade self doing a random haul vlog and thinking of doing YouTube videos, at that time YouTube is evolving and a lot of YouTubers are trending that’s why I decided to try it. I took some time off and discovered blogging, I realized how fun it is by sharing my thoughts, events that I go to, my outfit, or even sharing my experiences through writing it on a blog post.
Image may contain: Molly Martinez, smiling
I’ve been crazy about it and would write so many ideas on my journal and my mom would always be there taking photos and supporting me and my blog. But then I got back my confidence in creating videos for YouTube again, I would write scripts and would also search about what I talk about and how I would want to edit and tell my story.
Then college came, juggling my struggle how to keep up with my blog and YouTube account and even on what to post I then decided that even if I am not active in posting blogs anymore I promised to myself to post at least one every term to keep myself reminded of what made that term great and the things that I learned, or even at least when I want to burst out some feeling out of my chest, writing can be a form of my escape.
During my free time, I enjoy trying out new food stalls that are newly opened and grab my friends along with me. I also like to join fun physical activities from time to time like joining fun-runs, trying out an obstacle course and many more.
On weekends, its either I have a shoot for a class or I’m at the skating rink training early in the morning. I am also part of the Philippine Speed Skating Team and compete locally and internationally. Just like blogging and vlogging, skating has been a part of me for years I started as a figure skater and eventually switched to speed skating. Ever since I was a child, I’ve been doing sports competitively, like swimming. I like it because sports teaches me a lot of things that I think I couldn’t be able to master more when I experience it in sports, that would be discipline, consistency and most importantly trust in my own self.
Image may contain: Molly Martinez, smiling, sitting and shoesImage may contain: Molly Martinez, smiling, standing
Though I may not be a part of the school newspaper, I’ve always love writing and I want to be a part of the writing team and experience how to be an intern in When in Manila. I would have taken a chance to try and go for the videography team and I really like to, as it could probably help with my OJT hours as well and also for experience but I think it would have to be a production house or something related to film and/ or TV but I am yet unsure of what are the rules for taking OJT as of the moment. I wish to be a part of the writing team because I want to enhance and explore more of my writing skills and share it to a lot of readers that I could inspire through sharing my experiences and what learned from it, may it be good or bad.
Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people sitting and shoes
(me and my friends after a long day of shoot for our short film)

Comments

Popular Posts